quinta-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2006

Holy Whore: Remembering Rainer Werner Fassbinder

"The best thing I can think of would be to create a union between something as beautiful and powerful and wonderful as Hollywood films and a criticism of the status quo. That's my dream, to make such a German film."

"It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself."

"...[H]omosexuals have been very self-pitying, and also most of them are dominated by a sense of shame, which the Jews haven’t had. The Jews have never been ashamed of being Jews, whereas homosexuals have been stupid enough to be ashamed of their homosexuality."

"All in all, I find that women behave just as despicably as men do, and I try to illustrate the reasons for this: namely, that we have been led astray by our upbringing and by the society we live in."

"Since I'm not a second Marx or Freud who can offer people alternatives, I have to let them keep their own wrong feelings. And I don't believe that melodramatic feelings are laughable—they should be taken absolutely seriously."

"I'm always having the feeling that I don't want to do it [make films] anymore at all, that I'd like to take a break for a year or so, and then, when the first week of that year is up, I can't endure it anymore after all...."

Nenhum comentário:

Arquivo do blog